Wednesday, February 12, 2020

February 13th: LCK

Apologies in advance for the short writeup and formatting but this is from my phone. I had a jam packed day that sort of got away from me with some unexpected things popping up. Will add last nights recap to tomorrow's post.

-----------------

T1  -429 (-1.5 @ +101) vs KT Rolster +288 (+1.5 @ -105)

The Telecom War! It's easy to say this match is "always close" because there have been a few memorable matchups that have been but for the most part, over the past few years it hasn't been. To me this handicap is pretty simple. I don't think KT is as bad as people think right now and until T1 show me they can successfully win a draft, which they haven't done yet in their six games, then I'm going to be avoiding T1 to 2-0 anybody. I'll take a taste of KT Rolster +1.5 to win half a unit.

Spread: KT Rolster +1.5 maps @ -105 (0.525 units)(Nitrogen)


Hanwha Life eSports +184 (+1.5 @ -146) vs DragonX -262 (-1.5 @ +140)

I know I've gone on and on and on about the parity in the LCK and how the 8th and 9th ranked teams in my personal power rankings, KT and HLE, aren't as bad as people think, but I actually think there's a bit too much hype on Hanwha in this number. Don't get me wrong I actually like the way Hanwha is playing right now and think they're a good check on the region as a whole but DragonX look pretty sharp and I'm skeptical about the number of tricks Hanwha actually have. It's a lot less surprising when people now know to expect some wild stuff from you. I expect DragonX to adjust well. I like Hanwha but I actually think we're getting a decent value on DragonX because of Hanwha's win against T1. I also think T1 spoon fed them three winning drafts so I'm not exactly sure how much credit to give Hanwha vs credit to take away from T1.

Moneyline: DragonX -225 (2.25 units)(5Dimes)

Spread: DragonX -1.5 maps @ +145 (0.75 units)(5Dimes)

No comments:

Post a Comment