Monday, February 10, 2020

February 10th: LCS

February 9th Recap

LCK: 2 - 1 (+0.995 units)
LCS: 3 - 0 (+2.5 units)
Parlays: 1 - 0 (+0.42 units)
NET: 6 - 1 (+3.915 units)

Rough weekend turned around on Sunday to help us end up in the green (+1.475 units).

We'll start in the LCK where we got to see an absolute barnburner between Afreeca and Hanwha Life. These two teams are going to be a hell of a good time to watch this season! They're both so willing to fight at all times they almost look like LPL style squads and they're going to test the normally risk averse LCK in ways that the region could use. This wasn't just a bar room brawl either. There was an incredible amount of coordination, set plays, and even when situations broke down both squads were decisive and confident. I'm not sure I'll be moving Hanwha up too much because I already had them as a 9th place B tier but they're going to present some problems for teams that are too passive. All I know is I'm liking Afreeca more and more as I watch them. 

DragonX and Sandbox played an extremely high level series and while it wasn't the complete bloodbath that HLE/Afreeca was, the pace and individual outplays throughout were mind boggling. If a series could up the stock in both teams this was it. This looked almost like a playoff series, perhaps it's a preview.

In the LCS we hit on our fade of the 100 Thieves overhype against a decent Immortals team, laying big chalk on Cloud 9 who look like the definitive best team right now, and EG finally coming through against FlyQuest as well as our TSM/C9 heavy favorites parlay.


The Gold Card Podcast can be found on iTunesStitcherSpotify, and PodBean!

-------------------------------

(all lines are from Nitrogen unless noted otherwise)

LCS (North America)
Week 3 - Day 3

Golden Guardians +329 vs Team Liquid -535

Immortals +108 vs CLG -154

If I had access to kill spreads I'd prolly mess with Liquid but as it is I'm just going to pass this game. Golden Guardians aren't the kind of team I like the upset superior teams because I just think they lack anything special. They aren't exceptional at anything and they don't have any exceptional players. They also don't really do anything weird or risky from a strategic point of view.

GG/Liquid: No wager

I'm so conflicted on CLG. They've looked straight up awful and, quite frankly, looked kind of checked out and as if they were playing solo queue with the visible lack of communication on stage. This conflicted with my pre-season projection for this team. Now there is another angle. I'm not buying the win they got against Evil Geniuses at all. I think they were heavily carried by Soraka and EG's lack of a gameplan for it. Soraka is not 6 - 1 in the four major regions and while that number is a tad boosted because she's only picked into favorable matchups, it's a weird enough thing that can be annoying for most compositions to play against that we've seen a number of good teams buckle under her ridiculous goat legs. 

So how do I weigh all of this? On one hand I feel like this team absolutely has to turn it around at some point but I also think they've looked downright terrible and only really got this win because they caught EG with their pants down (and not in the kind of way that they get credit for it, Soraka can just be broken). I also think Immortals are a pretty decent team but maybe getting that first win shakes the proverbial monkey off the back of CLG? 

If you think this is the start of the CLG turnaround then I'd pass this game. Even if you do think it starts here there is no way they should be favored by this much. I'm going to stick with Immortals. They're not only playing well right now but there's no way they're going to let CLG get Soraka AND I'm not entirely buying the "bounce back." We're seeing Soraka bans sprinkled in here and there because I think most teams are tired of losing to inferior teams with it as a crutch. 

Moneyline: Immortals +108 (1 unit)



---------------------

Other Regions:

none for now


---------------------


Parlays:

none for now

No comments:

Post a Comment