Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Betting: August 1st (LCK, LPL)

LOL Champions Korea 8/1 Schedule:

Gen.G eSports (-455, -1.5 @ -145)
@ Over/Under 34:00, Total Kills 18.5
BBQ Olivers (+311, +1.5 @ +115)


SK Telecom (-110, +1.5 @ -333)
@ Over/Under 35:00, Total Kills 18.5

Afreeca Freecs (-115, -1.5 @ +241)


Handicapped: Gen.G -1.5 maps @ -145 (4 units)

Gen.G are coming off of a bit of a disappointing loss against an SKT but it was by no means a bad series. SKT played one of their best series of the year in a "must win" situation. I'm not going to give too much credence to that but it's not negligable either. Anyway I think Gen.G are one of the best teams on the planet. They know who they are, they don't waste time pretending to be other things, and they're exceptionally good at what they do. BBQ, while piling up a couple wins recently, are still the worst team in this region, or second worst if I'm being generous. Gen.G need this to keep pace with the other teams fighting for playoff seeding in the LCK. I expect business to be taken care of in two clean games. I'm not going to take the over or under here because 34:00 seems right but this will likely be a more slow paced, controlling game as Gen.G likes to play that way.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


PROP: Over 2.5 maps played @ +104 (2 units)



I can't get a feel for this one. I think it's the closest to even match we've had in weeks. Both teams absolutely need this win, both have been excellent and poor at times in the past couple weeks. I'd lean toward Afreeca because I think they're the better team and this is the exact kind of spot that we're reminded why SKT aren't likely a playoff team this year but they could also start Faker and he just pops off out of nowhere. Even with Pirean playing I think this is an even matchup so I won't be betting either side unless the line looks right for one but I do think we get a three game series here. Both teams have shown some inconsistencies so I could see both dropping games. The 2-1 for both sides is at +265 in this so if you have a feeling one way or the other that's not a bad route to take either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


LOL Pro League (China) 8/1 Schedule:

TopSports Gaming (-263, -1.5 @ +123)
@ Over/Under 34:00, Total Kills 24.5
Vici Gaming (+200, +1.5 @ -161)


JD Gaming (+125, +1.5 @ -250)
@ Over/Under 34:00, Total Kills 24.5


EDward Gaming (-159, -1.5 @ +185)



PROP: Exact TopSports 2-1 @ +215 (1 unit)

If I thought TopSports was even a mediocre team I'd probably slam the -1.5 here but they're just not and even with how poor Vici is I just can't trust this team to not drop a game for any big amount of money. I might come back and fire one or two units at the -1.5 later on but for now we'll just try the exact prop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Moneyline: EDward Gaming -159 (4 units)


Handicapped: EDward Gaming -1.5 @ +185 (1 unit)

JD Gaming have been on fire this season with a 9-2 match record. EDG have been "slouching" relative to their expected performance but are still 7-4. Both have impressive wins but I actually think that despite their 9-2 match record, that JD have had more "weak" losses. A 1-2 loss to TopSports, a game dropped to WE, FunPlus, LGD, and a BiliBili team that during week one looked abysmal. The tough part about this is that JD have also defeated Rogue Warriors, RNG, and Snake so it's tough to pin them down. To me there are four elite teams in the LPL, Rogue Warriors, Invictus, RNG, and EDG. JD are the best of the rest but I do think EDG is a tier better than they are despite the match record. Both teams are similar in metrics like gold per minute and damage per minute, first tower % and JD have an edge in first blood %. EDG SHOULD be the better team and to me they are but haven't been performing like an elite team through the middle of the season. EDG have a lot less to fear in their conference with only Snake to really challenge them for the #2 spot. There are only two good teams in the West Region while the East has 4.5-5 to me depending on your thoughts on BBG. What all this means is that I think EDG have been coasting a bit. This team is better than their record and JD, while good, isn't on the same level as EDG to me. All the numbers would tell you these teams are even which would be reason to go with the underdog in a situation like this but I think EDG "wake up" here and show everyone the difference. They also have side selection which matters quite a bit on this patch.




No comments:

Post a Comment