Saturday, April 7, 2018

Betting: April 8th (LPL, LCK Playoffs, EU LCS Playoffs, NA LCS Playoffs, TCL)

It's super late and I don't have too much time for a long writeup on each game but I'll post my picks here with shorter versions. Saves me a bunch of time not typing out the schedules too.

Picks for April 8th:

LCK - Afreeca @ KT Rolster 

Moneyline: KT Rolster -196   (5 units)

Handicapped:  KT Rolster -1.5 maps @ +114 (2 units)

Afreeca have been excellent this season and they even got to see KT play a series against SKT which can be a huge advantage but I'm going with KT here. I think KT Rolster are probably the second or third best team in the world behind Kingzone and maybe Invictus. The metagame is so good for them right now and while I've been impressed with Afreeca, they haven't played in this important a match before while KT are sick of losing in matches like this. I actually think this could end up being a slugfest 3-2 (and I kind of hope it does) but I think it's more likely to go 3-1 for KT.


LPL - Team WE vs OMG, FunPlus Phoenix vs Vici Gaming, and BiliBili Gaming vs EDward Gaming

Handicapped: Team WE -1.5 @ +119  (2 units)

Team WE have been losing single games to people and OMG have been more competitive than they were earlier in the season but WE absolutely need this win because if FunPlus score a victory (in a game that starts after this one does) they can potentially steal the #4 seed from WE. I expect WE to take it to a pretty awful OMG team here and while I think OMG will be up for this and try to play spoiler, I don't think WE are going to be sloppy and botch a game. I might up this...


Handicapped: FunPlus Phoenix -1.5 @ +103  (2 units)

FunPlus could steal Team WE's #4 seed with a win and WE loss. I'm keeping this at 2 units for now but keep an eye on the WE game because I could see FPP losing this if WE wins and eliminates them from playoff contention. You could also say FPP aren't good enough to 2-0 anybody whether it's a terrible Vici team or not. Ehh I'm going 2 units on the MUST WIN and the 2-0.


Moneyline: BiliBili Gaming +145 (2 units)

EDG have nothing to play for. Their first seed is locked up and they'll likely not want to show anything here. BiliBili on the other hand could actually steal the #2 seed from Snake who have no more games to play because they have the tiebreaker of win percentage (the series between them was 1-1). Now EDG can be good enough that they actually win this even if they're not all committed to it or if they want to go into playoffs with a lot of momentum but I don't think they're going to care too much about this match or want to show anything special. There is the "fixing" angle on this match. If EDG thinks BBG are a team they would rather face than Snake they could potentially "throw" this match to give BBG the higher seed  and thus a better chance to face them down the line. So who do I think EDG would rather face? EDG lost both of their matches to Snake this season and beat BiliBili 2-0. That being said, Snake have shown some weaknesses lately and are perhaps the worse team. In terms of style and specific matchups I think EDG would rather face Snake as well but the truth is, as sad as it is, I can't seem to find an angle here. If I definitely thought EDG wanted to face one or the other of these teams I'd SLAM THIS but I can't get a read other than BBG DEFINITELY want the #2 seed. I might go more on this but we'll keep this at 2 units. Sadly :-(


European LCS - G2 eSports vs Fnatic 

Moneyline: G2 eSports +114  (4 units)


I've said Fnatic are a cut above the rest of Europe but I see this as two relatively even teams except a potentially MASSIVE mismatch in the top lane. Bwipo has been good for a rookie in a high pressure situation but Wunder has been the best top laner in Europe BY FAR. It's not even close. He's dominating everybody with the least jungle help... I cant help but think that matchup could tilt this to G2 but I do think this will be a five game slugfest. Perkz and Caps match each other, bot lane is a slight edge to Fnatic and junglers match so I'm going 4 units on the massive top lane mismatch warping this series even in tank vs tank situations. Bwipo has done most of his work on carries and it appears to be Ornn vs Tanks in a world where Swain is banned. I think the Fnatic are the better team with Soaz but this is closer to even or even in G2's favor without him. 


NA LCS - 100 Thieves vs Team Liquid

Moneyline: Team Liquid -233 (6 units)

Handicapped: Team Liquid -1.5 maps @ +112 (2 units)

I might up this wager tomorrow but I'm getting in at +112 now. I think Team Liquid are going to blow this series out. I know Aphro just got the MVP and that I've been wrong on 100 Thieves all season but Team Liquid look absolutely dominant and with the horrible news about Doublelift's family I think a person with his personality is going to be insanely driven to win this. I don't play too much on the emotion of things often but it's definitely a factor in this case. It's like the icing on the betting cake because I already thought TL would dominate this match.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing
    en iyi bahis siteleri

    ReplyDelete