Sunday, September 9, 2018

Betting: September 10th (LPL Semifinals)

Again I ask you to bear with me here as I'm injured, so I'll be saving some typing and shortcutting when I can you can look up the schedules and lines on your own but here are my thoughts and picks for tomorrow's matches.

-------------------------------------------------------------------


JD Gaming vs Invictus Gaming:


Unfortunately I don't have too many thoughts on tomorrow's match between Invictus and JD. The regular-season series belongs to Invictus four games to one the most recent of which was a 2 to 0 defeat that included a top lane substitution from Invictus. I don't necessarily like the Invictus -2.5 here because I think JD Gaming can take a game and have looked good enough recently that I won't rely on a 3 to 0 defeat. However there's reason to believe either side. You could argue that JD Gaming's game losses to FunPlus and Edward Gaming or a sign that they're not quite as good but you could also argue that the fact that they've taken a game off of Invictus is reason enough to believe that this won't be a 3 to 0 defeat.

I for one am mostly staying away from this match because I don't feel strongly enough about any of the directions it could go. On paper this looks like an obvious 3-0 or 3-1 for Invictus but JD have looked strong in the playoffs and we haven't seen Invictus for awhile. Those of you to follow me know that I believe Invictus to be the strongest team in the LPL despite the fact that they haven't won at an international tournament yet but I think JD Gaming have joined the elite in China which makes me feel that anything could happen in the series.

I'll be doing light half unit wagers on the JD +2.5 @-147 as part of some multisport parlays but other than that I'll be avoiding the series. If you're looking at this from a value perspective there are two opinions you could have if you believe the Invictus 3-0, the -2.5 is actually excellent value +112 but if you think this is going to be a close series anyway that you're JD gaming is going to look a lot better. I actually think JD gaming could win the series enough so that I might convince myself by game time to put 1/2 unit or unit on the money line which is currently +363. I do think these are two elite teams that aren't as mismatched as the line suggests so that's a spot to bet for value but I don't feel strongly enough the JD would win to absolutely slam this just based on money line value so I'll be keeping it light or avoiding it altogether.

No action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment