Sunday, June 2, 2013

Introduction to Contribution Statistics

Intro to Contribution Statistics
What and Why?:

                The idea behind contribution statistics is to calculate how much I am contributing, negatively or positively to my team. Why would I want to know something like this? Simply because I like to know that whether I'm a burden to my team or the shining beacon of solo queue light here to save the day!                

The System:

                The system for this is much simpler. I use the following formula to calculate a percentage that measures my kills, deaths, and assist, contributions to my team.

                Positive Contribution: (My kills + my assists) / (team kills + team assists) = %
                Negative Contribution: (My deaths) / (Team deaths) = %
                Total Contribution: Positive Contribution - Negative Contribution = %

                There are other factors to how much I have contributed, such things like towers taken, wards destroyed, maybe keeping timers for my team. You can't measure everything but this gives you a general idea of how you are contributing at least from the results.

                Recently I've been tracking the percentage of damage done to champions in every single game but I have yet to find a way to appropriately apply the number to anything other than standing for what it is. I may combine the Contribution % and increase it by the % of damage done or something along those lines to get a more accurate portrayal of what I am contributing to my team.

Until next time. Rock on everybody and thanks for reading! Check the stream out!

-Gelati

No comments:

Post a Comment