Saturday, September 8, 2018

Betting: September 9th (NA and EU LCS Finals, LPL Quarterfinals)

Again I ask you to bear with me here as I'm injured, so I'll be saving some typing and shortcutting when I can you can look up the schedules and lines on your own but here are my thoughts and picks for tomorrow's matches.


I'll be live betting/tweeting any action on the 3rd place matches but historically third place matches are always really weird whether or not the teams have anything to play for so I'm going to avoid pregame bets and just play them live/enjoy them.


-------------------------------------------------------------------



RNG vs Rogue Warriors: I actually love Rogue Warriors spot here and think these two teams are close to even. RNG look intimidating because they just smashed TopSports in 15 minutes in game 4 but they also punted a game to TopSports. RNG are an excellent team, one of the best in the world but I do think they're just a tad overrated because they won MSI, Asia Games, and Rift Rivals. They have sloppy performances and haven't always faired well against the other elite Chinese teams. They played two relatively close games against TopSports which I think are a full tier below them so while the 15 minute smashing will stick in peoples minds I think RNG weren't completely invincible. I think this matchup is close to 50/50 especially with Rogue Warriors holding side selection. This line should be close to 50/50 but it's currently at -244/+186. I'll be putting AT LEAST a few units on Rogue Warriors ML here. They're relatively evenly matched as it is AND have side choice AND have some film on RNG from playoffs while RNG has nothing on them. I'll probably put something on the +1.5 at -116 odds as well.
MONEYLINE: Rogue Warriors +186 (3 units, I'll probably add more) HANDICAPPED: Rogue Warriors +1.5 @ -116 (3 units)



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


FC Schalke 04 vs Fnatic:


The consensus appears to be that Fnatic 3-0 or 3-1. We'll call that like 3-0.5 games, i know its kinda weird but just hear me out, i think its closer to a Fnatic 3-2 or 3-1, we'll call it 3-1.5. Because of that, the -1.5 isn't something I'm particularly interested in wagering on especially because the odds aren't even plus odds they're -1.5 @ -135 for me. The Fnatic Moneyline is -303 which is too rich for my blood to risk making anything on.
Basically for this series I'm going to live bet it and maybe put some really small wagers on the Exact 3-2 and 3-1 but i think it's going to be closer than the public and analysis Twitter thinks. TL:DR I'm staying away and just live betting it but I think Fnatic 3-2 or 3-1 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cloud 9 vs Team Liquid:

I think much like Griffin this morning, people tend to fall in love with Cinderella stories a bit too much. Cloud 9 are good but I think Liquid take this series 3-1.5 (3-2 or 3-1 is what I mean by that). To me they're just a cut above the rest of NA. People are saying Cloud 9 bottom lane can match Doublelift and Olleh but again I think people like Sneaky's name and results more than when you actually watch his gameplay. Double and Olleh completely dominate lane even when they aren't supposed to, they're better at playing aggressive and better at playing defensively. They also have more champions that need to demand bans as an overall bot lane. I like Liquid for a couple units. I'm not going more on this though because whether Liquid win or not actually doesnt matter besides pride and prize money. The NA #1 seed still goes to Pool 2 for Worlds group stage drawing just like the #2 seed does (what TL would have if they lose this because they have the most circuit points). TL dont "need" this win but I think they'll win anyway but that's the reason I'm tempering my wager here. MONEYLINE: Team Liquid -133 (3 units)

No comments:

Post a Comment